Distance: There is a choice of 3 circular routes of increasing distance and difficulty.
1. Walk to The Gap and back to the car park, round about 2km.
2. Walk to The Witsand sand dune and down to The Island and back round about 4km.
3. The round trip via The Point is 11km and takes four hours or more.
- Robberg Nature Reserve offers great walking and hiking trails and is an excellent view site for cliff based whale and dolphin sightings.
- If you like to live on the wild side, then the Robberg Nature Reserve will appeal to you.
- The rugged peninsula of Robberg Nature Reserve offers a shot of the great outdoors un-distilled – crashing waves, barking Cape fur seals, stunning scenery and beaches – and that feeling of being far from the madding crowds.
- It’s worth the effort for the breathtaking views alone.
- You can see Plettenberg Bay and up the entire coastline to Nature’s Valley.